May 29, 2009

A fluffy ray of sunshine…

Well this morning I woke up a tad bit too late, around seven-ish and walked out to find my Doody-poody STILL asleep against the wall, with all four paws up in the air – his most favorite position. Before Dude happened, I had never seen dogs sleep in this position, but I’ve been told that this is their favourite positions of slumber. Therefore the first time I saw Doodey with paws up in the air, I laughed until there were tears rolling down my face and I was gasping for breath. 

Doodey is a ray of sunshine to me. I believe a gift from God. The book of Ecclesiastes talks about a season for everything and now is the season for Dude in the home of our hearts. I know Dude has been the source of joy when the sun disappeared for a season in my life.

Everyday Doodey has a trick up his sleeve. In the picture I uploaded yesterday, he’s just a six month old pup, but today he’s big enough to knock me down and I have had the unfortunate privilege of meeting with the floor a couple of times as Dude grew in leaps (literally) and bounds. Dude went from being an adorable pup, to an adorable but too big to handle dog and yet he simply insists on sitting on my lap every single time I relax on the sofa.

Changes come and go. Days have turned into nights and then days again. Dude grows and grows and we grow with him. He licks away tears, brings healing with the mischief he gets up to. cushions the hurt of every day life, tugs at my hand for a scratch, chews on my fingers when I don’t comply, places his paw in my hand when I’m want to cry. Looks at me almost as if to say – I’m here for you, every single time I need someone to say so. And ever so often, Dude feels, he must give me a full blown hug and those are the days i fellowship with the floor with Dude on top of me, happily licking my face.
For a dog… he’s a great friend, and he's here at the right season too.
Ecclesiastes 3
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.


0 comments: