Jun 16, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Is not my house right with God?

2 Samuel 23:5

I am not (so) into the whole sweeping, dusting, mopping thing. I rather allow the layers to settle, rather than have it flying about. Making my eyes water, tickling my nose, throat and giving me the sniffles. But an untidy home, is an unwelcome sight, where one is never comfortable living in or asking people to visit.

Therefore despite the height of intolerance to housework – we must do them to make our homes livable and also hospitable to others. In the same way, the Holy Spirit calls my heart ‘home’ and by His grace, we should ever so often do a thorough spring cleaning. Sweep away the layers of complacency and strongholds, break away the cobwebs of lethargy and wrong attitudes, mop away wrong thinking; and make our hearts a pleasant abode for the Holy Spirit. so that we too could echo King David’s words and know without a doubt that our house is indeed, right with God.

Lord God, make the chambers of my heart, one which is pleasant to the Holy Spirit. Forgive me my sins, my attitudes, my insecurities and the way I think, which hurts You and make my heart right within me, so that I may be right with You. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

0 comments: