Aug 14, 2009

I glory in the empty cross…


The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.
Matthew 28:5, 6

I behold an empty cross far on a hillside. My heart does not weep for the Prophet whom the crowds say, died on that wretched cross centuries before my life was thought of. 

But my heart glories in my risen Lord. 

I look at the empty cross and reflect on the significance of what the empty cross means to me and I am overwhelmed with awe that God would consider me worthy to send His one righteous Child to die for me, to redeem the sinner I am. 

To give me salvation and eternity with Him, to give victory from my the things that chain me down, to give me healing in my wounds, to give me light when life cast its shadows over me, to walk with me through the corridors of every day life.
 
So I bow down before the Glorious One at the foot of the cross in complete adoration. In complete awe because this God whom I knew not, willingly sent His Son, to bear my sins, and die on a cross, so that I may have the privilege of knowing Him, live through Him, have a reason for life and a purpose to live.  

“There in the ground His body lay, light of the world by darkness slain… then bursting forth in glorious day up from the grave He rose again and as He stands in victory sin’s curse has lost its grip on me for I am His and He is mine bought with the precious blood of Christ.”

0 comments: