Feb 2, 2010

I am the watchman.... I see


 



I am the watchman. I see. Far and wide. In the distant skies, I see the clouds gather. But the people, they do not see what I see from my sentinel post. They do not see the impending doom that comes on wings of terror. I see the lightning light up the dark skies and I hear the low rumbles growing in crescendo.

The storm it comes. Certainly it comes. Soon it will be here breathing its terror on the unsuspecting.

I am the watchman.
I see the hand of the oppressor
Crushing my people, raping the innocent,
Taking all that belongs to them.
Squeezing them for all they are worth.
I see them imprisoning the voice of truth.
Silencing those who stand up
For those who have no voice to speak up for themselves.

From my sentinel post, I hear the anguished cries of the people, as they cry out for help. They seek a savior to set them free, someone who would lend a helping hand.
Within… I am despondent,
Angry,
Grieved.  
To witness the poverty of my people while the rulers sit in their castles fattening themselves.

I am the watchman. I see my people labour from dawn to dusk, to dawn again, for wages which do not suffice. I see the mother weep silent tears, for her child who wails in hunger. I am the watchman. I see. I hear. I feel.

And to the heavens I lift up my soul. To the heavens I raise up my heart.
Savior Redeemer,
 Redeem us Your people…
 Hearken to our cry
Run O Lord to save us
From the horrors on our doorstep.
Speak to Your people.
Strengthen our hearts.
Even as You called the men and women of great to proclaim the Good News and set the captives free, here we are, a generation ready to lay our lives down at Your feet to carry out Your bidding Master, God. Here we are ready to build the wall of Your holy temple.

We are ready O Lord, Our God, to set forth to save, to redeem, to proclaim, to comfort, to set the captives free in Your name, Jesus. Come, hearken to my voice O Lord. For Your command. We wait.

Isaiah 61: 1-2: The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,  and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.  They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow

Anonymous said...

WOWW....... I am simply speechless. AWSOME.
May He continue to use to extend His kingdom. Bless you Rish
JOSH