Feb 17, 2010

My God, He sings me lullabies…



Prayer it seemed… went unanswered. The painkillers would wear off and I would be back at square one – writhing in pure agony. I was suffering because of my own negligence. I had a bad tooth. This morning during a time of testimony, the words were inadequate to form into a sentence the thanks offering I had to my God and the moment swiftly passed.

But I am thankful…

In those wee hours between completely awakening, I knew His Presence was there, seated at the edge of my bed, with me, singing me sweet lullabies, soothing my pain, watching me sleep, covering me with blankets of melodies, praying prayers over me.

Reassuring my spirit that all would, by the break of day, be well.

Here is the God Whom I worship.
He is present.
In my pain.
He suffers when I suffer.
He holds my hand.
He is ever present.

When I wake in the middle of the night, He sits quietly by my bedside, lulling me back to sleep. With His songs, He fills my heart. He is my personal God. He cares for me as a mother over her young child. Even when my hairs are grey and I am stooped in two, He will be my Father and I His child and in the wee hours of the night, When the entire world is asleep, when I can’t fall asleep, He will be right there, sitting on the edge of my bed, singing me lullabies.

0 comments: